Zucchini Banana Bread ( a marriage made in heaven)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk powder ( I use Saco brand, Found in the baking aisle. If using liquid buttermilk omit ½ cup water)
- 1/3 cup xylitol ( or plain sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs or 6 egg whites ( I used 3 whole eggs as this was the only fat in the recipe)
- ½ cup water
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Zucchini shredded and squeezed dry
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 and spray loaf pan with nonstick spray
In a large bowl mix flours, sugar, buttermilk powder, baking powder, and baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves.
In another bowl beat eggs and water until foamy then add bananas and vanilla.
Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix thoroughly.
Fold in Zucchini and walnuts.
Bake in prepared pan 45-55 min until toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. (cover the top loosely with foil during the last 15 min if the top is getting too brown. )